Home made Organic Products

Home made Butter from Raw Cows Milk

In this post I will explain how to make pure butter using only cows milk!

It is very good to eat when you are suffering from skin allergies as I have discovered with my 5year old son.


Ok, once you have purchased your raw cows milk, place them in glass jars. I use Console.
Let them sit in the fridge for at least 12hours so that the cream can move to the top of the milk.
You do not need a cream separator , in fact I only use a deep dish up spoon, but you could use a ladel.
From 10litres of milk I usually get 1 litre of cream out, depends on the type of cow that was used.
The cream needs to go into a glass jar as well and sit on your counter top for 12hours in order to culture.
Thereafter I just simply place all the cultured cream into my blender and blend it on Speed 2, until small blobs of butter starts forming.
Lower your speed to 1 and continue to blend until it gets thick and struggles to move in blender.
Scoop it all out and strain in a muslin cloth (I use a clean dissh cloth, works fine).
Drain the buttermilk off (save it in a jar and use in cookies, cakes, etc).
Place the butter that's left behind in a bowl and rinse under cold water.
Amazingly you would see the butter start hardening.
I have shaped mine into a rectangle.
Store in a covered container and keep refrigerated.

I use this butter to bake cakes with, biscuits in food..

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homemade Caramel popcorn

How to loose weight fast with GOOD NUTRITION